What’s included in our stay at Walkmill Lodge, holiday cottage in Shropshire?
We have tried to include everything you will need for your self-catering holiday except your food and clothes!
- All (oil fired) central heating and electric;
- In winter months, a complimentary basket of logs, kindling and fire lighters (additional supplies are available at a fee);
- Basic provisions including salt, pepper, tea, coffee, sugar and milk;
- Kitchen essentials including a supply of laundry and dishwasher tablets, washing-up liquid, cling film, tin foil, tea towels, cloths, linen napkins and kitchen roll;
- Bathroom essentials and toiletries including loo roll and Faith in Nature shower gel/foam bath and hand wash;
- Luxury Egyptian cotton linen and towels;
- A small Christmas tree during the festive period.
What facilities does the holiday cottage have?
Your luxury self-catering holiday cottage has:
- Private patio and garden;
- Parking for two cars;
- Ultra HD Smart TV with Freesat;
- DVD player and library of DVD films;
- Free wireless Internet access;
- Books, magazines and games;
- Outdoor/patio furniture;
- Washing machine;
- First Aid kit;
- Microwave oven;
Do you have free Wi-Fi on site?
Yes, your holiday cottage does have free Wi-Fi which has recently been upgraded.
Our wireless internet connection has proven to be very reliable however we cannot be held responsible if the service is not available.
Do you have good mobile phone reception?
Mobile phone reception is patchy in and around the cottage, however, it has improved recently. However, you should be able to use Whatsapp, Facetime, etc. through the Wi-Fi.
Is there anywhere local to eat?
We are lucky to have three very good eateries within walking distance – the Inn on The Green, The Crown Inn and the Coach House.
How far is the nearest shop?
The Wentnor Store is our nearest shop. It is less than 1/3 mile from Walkmill Lodge. If you turn left out of the gate and walk along the road you will find it on your right. The shop sells newspapers, sweets, alcohol and basic groceries including locally sourced meat, eggs and cheese. It also now sells home-baked cakes! Opening hours are seasonal – see information on kitchen board.
Do you allow smoking at The Walkmill?
We do not permit smoking in our holiday cottage. Please do not book our holiday cottages if this is going to spoil your holiday.
What time can we check-in on the day of arrival?
Check-in is from 3pm. However, we ask our guests to contact us a day or so before they arrive to give us their estimated time of arrival.
What time do we need to check-out by on the day of departure?
Check-out is by 10am on the day of departure.
Do you accept payment by debit or credit card?
Unfortunately, not, you can pay by electronic bank transfer or by cheque.
Are children welcome?
Where is Walkmill Lodge located?
The Walkmill is located in rural south Shropshire – 16 miles from Shrewsbury, 16 miles from Ludlow, 6 miles from Bishops Castle and 10 miles from Church Stretton.
How many parking spaces does the cottages have?
Your holiday cottage has a private gated driveway and carport for two cars.
Can our friends visit us during our stay?
We want you to treat your holiday cottage as your home for the week so guests are more than welcome to visit, with the only restriction being the number of parking spaces available. As long as the number of guests does not exceed 4, visitors are welcome to stay overnight.